Accounting Level 1
Build your accounting foundation and learn about basic accounting concepts and procedures.
- Visualize and analyze transactions.
- Use debits, credits, journals and ledgers
- Identify and work with financial statements.
- Understand GAAP and the conceptual framework of accounting.
Accounting Level 2
Expand on the accounting basics and gain proficiency.
- Apply accounting principles to key accounts.
- Decide on cash vs. accrual basis.
- Conduct Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable transactions.
- Set up and process payroll.
- Close books.
To earn the Accounting Assistant Certificate, the student will need to attend Accounting 1, Accounting 2, and the Quickbooks Class.
All the three classes need to be taken at Santa Clara Adult Education within a time frame of 1 year.