Spring Date MA Day Class = FULL
1/19 – 5/14/2021
Spring Date MA Night Class = FULL
1/11 – 6/4/2021
Recruiting for Summer/Fall 2021 Classes
MA Day Program:
5/28-9/9/2021 – Mon-Fri 8:30-2:00
MA Night Program
6/28-11/11/2021 – Mon-Fri 5:00-9:00PM
The field of medical assisting is one of the most versatile allied health occupations in today’s healthcare environment and one of the fastest growing jobs. The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 23.5 % job growth rate from 2014-2024. Medical Assistants work in private and multi-provider clinics, Urgent Care Centers, Hospitals or Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). The Front Office scope of work includes scheduling appointments, start and maintain patient records, and insurance billing and coding. The Back Office includes preparing the exam room, vital signs, injections and blood draws, EKG, and other assistance with examinations and treatments.
Join this exciting career field and get proficient and certified in the administrative and clinical skills performed by a Medical Assistant.
- Students must possess a High School Diploma, GED or HiSET (or evaluated transcript if degree from foreign country)
- Students must attend an Orientation prior to enrollment (currently only available online)
Students may choose between two options for the orientation:
- Web Tutorial: Students who cannot attend a classroom session may sign up for a 45-minute recorded webinar and submit a fact-check questionnaire after completion. Step 1: Enroll for the online orientation. Step 2: email [email protected] to request access to the video and questionnaire.
- In-Person Online Google Meet Session: Student enroll for the date of the online orientation and will receive a Google Meet invitation prior to the class. The will attend the live presentation and can ask the instructor questions at the end.
Recommended Online Preparation Courses:
How to Register:
Students may only enroll after they attended an Orientation. For additional questions contact Connie Webb via email [email protected]
Meet your Instructors
- CTE teaching credentioal
- California Board Certified Medical Assistant
- Clinical Specialty Certified
- BLS Certified
- Experienced Medical Assistant Educator and Trainer
- Experienced Program Coordinator Professional Nursing Development
- Experienced In home Caregiver
- Trained in Peritoneal Dialysis
- HIPAA Certified
Mechelle King, AS Healthcare – Instructor Day Program
- CTE teaching credential
- 25 years of work experience in the Medical Field including private practice, hospital and clinical settings.
- 4 years of experience as Community College instructor Medical Front and Back Office
- AS in Healthcare
- Nationally Certified Medical Assistant
- Licensed Phlebotomist
- HIPAA Certified
- Certified as a CPR and First Aid Instructor
- Currently working towards BS in health Science in Professional Development and Advance Patient Care