High School Equivalency (HSE)
Through testing, you can demonstrate you have the same skills and knowledge as a high school graduate. And doing so can help you create a whole new future. Once you pass the test, California Department of Education will issue you a high school equivalency certificate.
What HSE programs do you offer?
This class focuses on Reading, Writing, Social Studies, Science, and Math. In order to be successful in this program, a seventh-grade reading, writing, and math levels are needed. If a student doesn’t meet the seventh-grade levels they will be enrolled in our Adult Basic Education (ABE) class to build their skills before enrolling in the HSE program.
What are the requirements?
- The program is open to adults 18 years of age or older.
- You do not need high school transcripts to pursue a HSE credential.
What is the class schedule?
- Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Wednesday and Friday, 12:30 pm – 3:00 pm
- Tuesday and Wednesday, 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Do you offer the official HSE exams?
We offer the following HiSET exams on our campus, each month:
- Social Studies
We also offer the HiSET exams in Spanish.
Contact the teacher, David Grant to sign up for the exams.
How do I enroll in classes?
Step 1. Register for the Orientation in the High School Equivalency Program.
Step 2. Attend Orientation
- Wednesday evenings at 7:00pm or Thursday mornings at 8:30am
- Orientations are in room D2
- No children
Orientations will begin on August 16th for the 2023/24 school year.
- August 16, 17, 23, 24, 30, 31
- September 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21, 27, 28
- October 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19
- November 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 29, 30
- December 6, 7, 14, 20, 21
Step 3. Start attending class
HiSET and GED past test results
We do not keep records of past test results. Please select one of the two options below to access your test results.