How can I register for class?
There are 5 ways to register!
The fastest, most efficient way to register! Select your classes, use a Visa or MasterCard for the fee, and you’re done! You will receive an email confirmation.
Complete the preregistration form on page 71 of the catalog. Indicate method of payment. If paying by check, make it payable to SCUSD [Santa Clara Unified School District].
Mail to Santa Clara Adult Education, 1840 Benton Street, Santa Clara, CA 95050.
Fill out the registration form on page 71 of the catalog and include your Visa or MasterCard
number. Our fax number is (408) 423-3580.
You can enroll over the phone using a Visa or MasterCard.
Call (408) 423-3500 for an informational recording regarding
registration after which you will be transferred to a registrar
Register in person at the Adult Education Center,
1840 Benton Street, Santa Clara.
Who is eligible to take classes?
Classes are open to all district residents and non-district residents over the age of 18. Residents under 18 may enroll with approval by the program supervisor.
What are the fees?
The class price is determined by a cost per hour of instruction. Hourly fees may differ slightly based upon the cost of the class and historical attendance levels.
Why does my class have a lab fee?
Some classes require special materials. Lab fee amounts are stated in the course descriptions or will be
announced at the first class meeting. Lab fees are due with pre-registration or at the first class meeting. All
students must pay lab fees, if required.
Can I get a refund?
Students who voluntarily withdraw from class(es) are not eligible for a refund.
Refunds will ONLY be given for class cancellation. A refund may also be given for a major medical injury that is verified with a doctor’s note prior to the start of class. A $20 processing fee will be charged.
Will I be notified that I’m in the class?
You will be notified only if the class you want is full or cancelled.
What are the attendance policies?
Attendance is limited to individuals enrolled in the class. Participants may not make up classes which they
have missed; fees cannot be pro-rated for classes missed.
Can I transfer from one class to another?
Class transfers must be requested at least 7 days prior to class; they are subject to supervisor’s approval.
What else should I know?
Here are a list of our general policies.
- Continuation of a state supported class is dependent on funding and enrollment.
- Instructors are subject to change.
- Whenever feasible, classes are open entry/open exit and a waiting list is maintained.
- Students may be dropped if absent three consecutive classes without notifying the teacher or office.
- Students who are not progressing appropriately in class may be asked to leave.
- Students may be dropped for poor attendance.
- Students will be dropped for disrespectful or disruptive behavior in classrooms or on campus.
- Children under 18 are not permitted in class unless specifically authorized.
- Individuals on the campus who are inappropriately dressed and/or those whose personal hygiene is causing a disruption may be asked to leave.
- The Governing Board prohibits the unlawful harassment or bullying of any student or employee by any other employee, student, or other person on school sites.
- Missed classes may not be made up nor will a refund be given.
- Certificates may be awarded for successfully completing all course objectives.
- All copyrighted materials must be used in compliance with applicable copyright and other laws. Computer software, graphics, audio, video, or other files may not be loaded on school computers without appropriate licensing.
- The Santa Clara Unified School District Uniform Complaint Procedure is posted in the Adult Education Office.