Upcoming MA Day Programs:
Monday – Friday
8:30 AM-2:00 PM
Upcoming MA Evening Program (year-round; broken into two semesters):
Tuesday – Thursday
5:30 PM – 9:00 PM
The field of medical assisting is one of the most versatile allied health occupations in today’s healthcare environment and one of the fastest growing jobs. The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 23.5 % job growth rate from 2014-2024. Medical Assistants work in private and multi-provider clinics, Urgent Care Centers, Hospitals or Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). The Front Office scope of work includes scheduling appointments, start and maintain patient records, and insurance billing and coding. The Back Office includes preparing the exam room, vital signs, injections and blood draws, EKG, and other assistance with examinations and treatments.
Join this exciting career field and get proficient and certified in the administrative and clinical skills performed by a Medical Assistant.
- Students must possess a High School Diploma, GED or HiSET (or evaluated transcript if degree from foreign country)
- Students must attend an Orientation prior to enrollment.
Recommended Online Preparation Courses:
How to Register:
Students may only enroll after they attended an Orientation. For additional questions contact Tina Dave via email [email protected]
Meet the Instructors
Lana Almari (CCBMA)- Instructor Day Program
- Licensed Medical Assistant
- 9 years of work experience as a Medical Assistant
- Has worked as a Medical Assistant at PAMF and Stanford Clinics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Sciences with a minor in Nutrition from SJSU